In the 35 years since launching in Belgium, we have built an international business with offices and manufacturing plants in Europe, North Africa, Australia, the Middle East and Americas.
Get to know the Ontex story.
- Our close links with the health institutions we supply go back to 1979, when we produced underpads for Belgium hospitals, clinics and care homes.
- By the 1980s and 1990s, we had expanded our product range into disposable pants and pads for incontinence, diapers and panty liners and acquired distribution and production facilities across Europe, in the Czech Republic and Turkey.
- Our first factory outside Europe opened in China in 2006, followed by a manufacturing plant in Algeria.
- In 2011, we acquired one of Europe’s biggest disposable hygiene products suppliers, Lille Healthcare and opened plants in Australia, Russia and Pakistan.
In Italy, in 2013, we extended our range of incontinence products with the acquisition of the Serenity brands.
- Our most recent milestone was in June 2014, when Ontex was listed on the Belgium Euronext stock exchange, giving us a strong financial base with which to continue to develop new products, work with customers and seek new markets.
- The strategic acquirement of Grupo P.I Mabe in 2016 accelerates our transformation. It extends the Ontex platform outside Western Europe and deeper into growth markets.
The acquisition of the personal hygiene business of Hypermarcas S.A. marks another important step in our continuing transformation journey. It extends our market position in the Americas to Brazil.